SPEC Kit 333 explores the scale and scope of art and artifact materials held by ARL member libraries, which tools and techniques they currently use to manage these collections, including those used by library staff only and those used to make information about these collections available to the public, and if there is evidence of a convergence of library, archive, and museum practices in the management of these collections. It includes collection development policies, guidelines for arranging materials, and examples of how art and artifact collections are described.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 333 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Succession Planning and Management
- Professional Competencies
- Staffing for the Future: ARL University Library Hiring in 2011
- SPEC Kit 332: Organization of Scholarly Communication Services (November 2012)
- Fall Forum 2012: 21st-Century Library Workforce: An ARL Discussion
- Fall Forum 2012: Staffing for the Future: ARL University Library Hiring in 2011
- Fall Forum 2012: Research Libraries, State Universites, and the New Americans of the 21st Century