SPEC Kit 323 investigates the progress made in ARL member organizations to establish or enhance socialization programs and activities (such as orientation programs, mentoring, residency appointments, and staff development sessions directed at organizational acculturation) for all newly hired, paid employees. It explores the availability and types of programs, activities, and resources currently offered in ARL institutions; staff involved in designing and coordinating socialization programs and activities; goals and budget for socialization programs; length of participation in programs and activities; evaluation and assessment of programs; and benefits of socialization programs, activities and resources. It includes documentation from respondents that describes orientation, mentoring, and peer socialization programs, and provides examples of orientation websites, orientation/socialization checklists, program evaluation methods, and staff development resources.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 323 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Fall): Scenario Planning: Envisioning Research Libraries' Futures
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Fall): The Future of Research Libraries
- SPEC Kit 319: Diversity Plans and Programs (October 2010)
- SPEC Kit 318: Impact Measures in Research Libraries (September 2010)
- SPEC Kit 317: Special Collections Engagement (August 2010)
- SPEC Kit 316: Evaluating E-resources (July 2010)
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Spring): Globalization of Higher Education and Research Libraries
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Spring): Globalization of Higher Education and Research Libraries: Introduction
- Membership Meeting 2010 (Spring): Envisioning Research Library Futures: ARL's Scenario Thinking Project