SPEC Kit 296 explores public service staffing, reference and public services offered, methods of patron access, types of intellectual access tools used, patron registration, the reference interview process, and public service evaluation and promotion methodsin Special Collections. In addition, respondents were asked to comment on significant changes in reference and public services in the last few years, particularly those related to outreach, instruction, and learning. It includes documentation from respondents in the form of service policies, patron registration forms, job descriptions, and service prices.
This publication is available for purchase in both online and print versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 296 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- SPEC Kit 265: Instructional Support Services (October 2001)
- SPEC Kit 264: Extended Library Hours (September 2001)
- SPEC Kit 263: Numeric Data Products and Services (August 2001)
- SPEC Kit 259: Fee-based Services (August 2000)
- SPEC Kit 255: Branch Libraries and Discrete Collections (December 1999)
- SPEC Kit 253: Networked Information Resources (December 1999)
- SPEC Kit 254: Managing Printing Services (December 1999)
- SPEC Kit 251: Electronic Reference Service (October 1999)
- SPEC Kit 247: Management of Library Security (July 1999)