On October 9, 2013, ARL joined more than 300 universities and businesses; higher education associations; and nonprofit, industry, and research organizations in a letter to US Senate Commerce Committee leadership supporting reauthorization of the America COMPETES Act. The COMPETES Act promotes innovation through research and development to improve the competitiveness of the United States. The legislation is focused on the activities and programs of several agencies, such as the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Letter Urging Representatives to Vote ‘No’ on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA) (Apr. 16, 2012)
- Letter to Paul Broun re: Hearing on Public Access and Scholarly Publication Interests (Mar. 29, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, The Research Works Act (Jan. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Michael F. Doyle re: H.R. 4004, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to John Cornyn re: S. 2096, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, the Research Works Act (Feb. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Congressional Representatives re: SOPA (Dec. 21, 2011)