Speaking on behalf of five of the nation's leading library organization—the American Association of Law Libraries, the American Library Association, the Association of Research Libraries, the Medical Library Association, and the Special Libraries Association—Prudence S. Adler, Associate Executive Director, ARL, voiced the opposition of the library community to the recently introduced "Database and Collections of Information Misappropriation Act" (H.R. 3261).
- How “Patriot Act 2” Would Further Erode the Basic Checks on Government Power That Keep America Safe and Free
- Letter to Congress re: Domestic Security Enhancement Act (DSEA) (Mar. 17, 2003)
- Letter to Interested Persons re: Section-by-Section Analysis of Justice Department draft “Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003,” also known as “Patriot Act II” (Feb. 14, 2003)
- Letter to Veronica Steadman re: Technological Protection Systems for Digitized Copyrighted Works (Docket No. 2003-C-006): Higher Education Associations’ and Library Associations’ Statement for the Record (Feb. 4, 2003)
- In the Matter of Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems For Access Control Technologies
- Letter to James Sensenbrenner re: Questions about USA PATRIOT Act (July 26, 2002)
- Law Professors' Letter on Section 104 Report