On March 24, 2014, ARL, SPARC, and 14 other organizations sent a letter (PDF) to Chairman Smith (R-TX) and Representative Johnson (D-TX) urging them to modify the Frontiers in Innovation Research, Science, and Technology (FIRST) Act of 2014 (H.R. 4186), which reauthorizes parts of the America COMPETES Act. The bill includes many deeply problematic provisions relating to the National Science Foundation (NSF) and also includes restricted provisions for public access to research results.
- Letter Urging Representatives to Vote ‘No’ on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA) (Apr. 16, 2012)
- Letter to Paul Broun re: Hearing on Public Access and Scholarly Publication Interests (Mar. 29, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, The Research Works Act (Jan. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Michael F. Doyle re: H.R. 4004, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to John Cornyn re: S. 2096, “The Federal Research Public Access Act” (Feb. 14, 2012)
- Letter to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re: H.R. 3699, the Research Works Act (Feb. 24, 2012)
- Letter to Congressional Representatives re: SOPA (Dec. 21, 2011)