We the undersigned organizations urge you to vote "no" on H.R. 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA). We are gravely concerned that this bill will allow companies that hold very sensitive and personal information to liberally share it with the government, which could then use the information without meaningful oversight for purposes unrelated to cybersecurity.
- In the Matter of Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies: Comments of the Library Copyright Alliance and the Music Library Association
- Letter to Lamar Smith and John Conyers re: Stop Online Piracy Act, H.R. 3261 (Nov. 8, 2011)
- Letter to Richard J. Durbin re: Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act) (Jun. 27, 2011)
- Library Copyright Alliance Statement on Copyright Reform
- Letter to Subcommittee on Communications and Technology re: Congressional Review Act and Net Neutrality (Feb. 16, 2011)
- Letter to Patrick Leahy re: USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2011, S. 193 (Feb. 2, 2011)
- Letter to Justin Hughes re: WIPO Revised Provisions for the Protection of Traditional Cultural Expressions (July 21, 2010)