SPARC has announced panel topics and invites participants to register for the SPARC Open Access Meeting set to take place in Kansas City on March 3–4, 2014.
Advances in the areas of open access, open data, and open educational resources have grown exponentially since the last SPARC Open Access Meeting was convened in 2012. As this push for greater openness continues, these three fronts are converging in interesting and potentially transformative ways. Join SPARC as leaders from the library community, academia, industry, the student community, and other research avenues discuss how open access, open data, and open educational resources are intersecting, and the impact this convergence will have on research and discovery. The meeting is designed to emphasize collaborative actions that stakeholders can take to positively impact publishing, policy, digital repositories, author rights, and licensing.
- ARL Commends Obama Administration for Historic Action Opening up Access to Federally Funded Research
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): Advancing the Science of Population Health and Aging through Open Access Interdisciplinary Research
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Spring): Open scholarship: digital scholarship
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): The Berlin Conferences
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Data Policies: Emerging Policies and New Activities in Canada and the US
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Research Data Policies in Canada
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Berlin 9 Open Access Conference