SPEC Kit 334 surveys ARL member libraries on their activities related to access, management, and archiving of research data at their institutions. The survey explores the organization of research data management services (including a few questions on broader data support services), how they are staffed and funded, and what services they offer and to whom, among other questions. It includes examples of research data policies, data retention policies, data management plan tools, job descriptions, data needs assessment tools, data archive web pages, and staff resources.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 334 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): HathiTrust: A Shared Digital Repository
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Legal Issues in Building Social Media Collections
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Legal Issues in Building 21st-Century Special Collections
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): National Memory Organizations: Their Role in the Digital Information Environment
- Questions from the NRNT Digital Curation and Preservation Webcast
- New Roles for New Times: Digital Curation for Preservation
- Fall Forum 2010: Organizational Change for a Sustainable Digital Ecosystem: Building the Yale Digital Commons (through Collaboration)