SPEC Kit 334 surveys ARL member libraries on their activities related to access, management, and archiving of research data at their institutions. The survey explores the organization of research data management services (including a few questions on broader data support services), how they are staffed and funded, and what services they offer and to whom, among other questions. It includes examples of research data policies, data retention policies, data management plan tools, job descriptions, data needs assessment tools, data archive web pages, and staff resources.
This publication is available for purchase in both print and online versions. Download the spec-kit-purchase-options-2013.pdf for complete pricing and purchase options information.
Link to the online SPEC Kit 334 on the ARL Digital Publications website.
- Higher Ed Associations Form Joint Steering Group to Build Federated System for Publicly Funded Research
- Research Library Issues, no. 263 (Apr. 2009)
- Membership Meeting 2012 (Fall): Data Governance in the Scholarly Communication Ecosystem Understanding the Issues and Rights Associated With Research Data
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Legal Issues in Building Social Media Collections
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Legal Issues in Building 21st-Century Special Collections
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): National Memory Organizations: Their Role in the Digital Information Environment
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Acquiring, preserving and disseminating born-digital content at BAnQ