The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) has been awarded $50,000 from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to help develop the proposed SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE). SHARE is a joint initiative of ARL, the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) to collaboratively build a cross-institutional coordination framework for the long-term management and preservation of—and expansion of access to—the results of academic research. The initiative was made urgent by the February 22, 2013, memorandum from the US Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) directing federal agencies to develop draft plans for the public deposit of research articles and data sets associated with federal funding.
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Spring): Acquiring, preserving and disseminating born-digital content at BAnQ
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): Expanding capacity and partnerships through authenticity and trust
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): Buy or Rent? How different are books from ebooks?
- Membership Meeting 2011 (Fall): HathiTrust: A Shared Digital Repository
- Fall Forum 2009: Student Research on the University, in the Archives, and in the IR
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Spring): Canada's Emerging Research Data Framework
- Fall Forum 2009: What Changes with Digital Content? Web Archiving