SHARE (SHared Access Research Ecosystem) and the Center for Open Science (COS), a Charlottesville, Virginia–based nonprofit technology start-up, have agreed to form a partnership to build the SHARE Notification Service, which will provide notice that research is available to the public.
SHARE is a collaborative initiative of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), created to ensure the preservation of, access to, and reuse of research results. The Notification Service, to be built over the next 18 months, is SHARE’s first project.
- IMLS, Sloan Foundation Jointly Award SHARE $1 Million to Develop Notification Service
- ARL Seeks SHARE Technical Project Manager
- SPEC Kit 334: Research Data Management Services (July 2013)
- SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE) Proposal
- SHARE Releases Notification System Project Plan
- Membership Meeting 2013 (Spring): Academic Preservation Trust: Why? What? When? and How?
- Library Management of Disciplinary Repositories, SPEC Kit 338, Published by ARL