On May 30, ARL joined the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), American Library Association (ALA), Medical Library Association (MLA), and Special Libraries Association (SLA) in a letter (PDF) to the Committee on House Administration, thanking the committee for rejecting the National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) recommendation that the US Government Printing Office (GPO) consider charging public user fees for access to government documents via the Federal Digital System (FDsys).
- White House Directive on Public Access to Federally Funded Research and Data
- ARL Sponsors Accelerating Science Award Program (ASAP)
- Expanded Public Access to Federally Funded Research: AAU, APLU, ARL Issue Call to Action
- Expanded Public Access: A New Era with New Challenges
- Open Educational Resources as Learning Materials: ARL Releases Pre-Pub from RLI 280
- ARL Commends Obama Administration for Historic Action Opening up Access to Federally Funded Research
- Report of the ARL Joint Task Force on Services to Patrons with Print Disabilities (Nov. 2, 2012)