On July 30, ARL and more than 40 other organizations signed a letter to Senate and House leadership in support of USA FREEDOM Act (S. 2685), which will prohibit "bulk" collection, strengthen transparency reporting provisions, and strengthen reforms to the FISA Court (FISC) process to provide more accountability.
- ARL Joins Coalition in Letter Supporting Surveillance Reform
- ARL Disappointed by Version of USA FREEDOM Act Passed by US House of Representatives
- Letter Urging US Government Toward Greater Surveillance Transparency (July 18, 2013)
- Letter to Congress in Support of Surveillance Acts (September 30, 2013)
- White House Requests Public Comment on Big Data and Privacy
- Coalition Letter to Senate Judiciary Committee re NSA Surveillance Programs (July 30, 2013)
- Letter Requesting Public Report on Government Surveillance (July 8, 2013)