On July 8, 2013, ARL, along with 22 other good-government groups, sent this letter to the US Department of Justice urging Attorney General Eric Holder to make public any reports by Inspector General Michael Horowitz regarding the collection of Americans’ telephone records under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. If the Office of the Inspector General has not previously conducted a full review of this program, the letter asks it to do so.
- ARL, Coalition Request Public Report on Government Surveillance
- ARL Joins 22 Groups in Urging US Attorney General to Release Reports on Telephone Surveillance
- SPEC Kit 267: User Authentication (December 2001)
- Coalition Urges Senate to Protect Americans’ Privacy in Cybersecurity Legislation
- Over 100 Civil Liberties Organizations and Internet Companies Demand Full-Scale Congressional Investigation of NSA Surveillance
- ARL Joins 86 Orgs, Internet Companies Demanding Committee Investigation, End to Dragnet Spying
- ARL Applauds Judiciary Committee Action to Reform Privacy Laws