Letter from the Association of American Universities, the American Council on Education, and the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, concerning the database protection legislation discussion draft "Database and Collections of Information Misappropriations Act."
- Letter to Congress re: Terrorism legislation (Oct. 2, 2001)
- Library Community Statement on Freedom of Speech and Access to Information
- Letter to Patrick Leahy re: USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2011, S. 193 (Feb. 2, 2011)
- Letter to House Committee on the Judiciary re: USA Patriot Amendments Act, H.R. 3845 (Oct. 29, 2009)
- The Search & Seizure of Electronic Information: The Law Before and After the USA PATRIOT Act
- The Protect America Act and Libraries
- Letter urging Members of Congress to vote against the Conference Report on the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 (Nov. 18, 2005)