On July 18, 2013, 65 privacy and civil liberties groups, sent this letter to the US government, urging them to show greater transparency in NSA requests to web-based service providers for information on users.
On September 30, 2013, 34 more groups (including ARL) signed the letter.
- ARL, Coalition Voice Support for Surveillance Transparency Legislation
- ARL Joins Coalition in Urging Congress to Evaluate, Reform NSA Surveillance
- ARL, Coalition Request Public Report on Government Surveillance
- ARL Joins 22 Groups in Urging US Attorney General to Release Reports on Telephone Surveillance
- Coalition Urges Senate to Protect Americans’ Privacy in Cybersecurity Legislation
- Over 100 Civil Liberties Organizations and Internet Companies Demand Full-Scale Congressional Investigation of NSA Surveillance
- ARL Joins 86 Orgs, Internet Companies Demanding Committee Investigation, End to Dragnet Spying