On March 24, 2014, ARL, SPARC, and 14 other organizations sent a letter (PDF) to Chairman Smith (R-TX) and Representative Johnson (D-TX) urging them to modify the Frontiers in Innovation Research, Science, and Technology (FIRST) Act of 2014 (H.R. 4186), which reauthorizes parts of the America COMPETES Act. The bill includes many deeply problematic provisions relating to the National Science Foundation (NSF) and also includes restricted provisions for public access to research results.
- Fall Forum 2013: Leveraging the Network for Local Advantage
- Fall Forum 2013: Preparing When You Can't Plan
- Fall Forum 2013: Coordinating Deposit and Compliance
- Fall Forum 2013: SHARE: Discovery: Focus on Papers
- Fall Forum 2013: Facilitating New Forms of Discovery
- Higher Education Community Supports Access to Publicly Funded Research
- Sloan Foundation Awards ARL Grant to Develop SHARE for Access to Publicly Funded Research