The SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE)—a joint initiative of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU)—released on February 6, 2014, the SHARE Notification System Project Plan (PDF). The plan details the first in a series of activities to be undertaken by SHARE to ensure that scholarly research outputs are discovered and built upon in a manner that facilitates and accelerates the research process. The SHARE notification system is consistent with higher education’s ongoing mission to encourage community-driven solutions that increase public access to research and maximize knowledge creation.
- Fall Forum 2013: Coordinating Deposit and Compliance
- Fall Forum 2013: SHARE: Discovery: Focus on Papers
- Fall Forum 2013: Facilitating New Forms of Discovery
- Higher Education Community Supports Access to Publicly Funded Research
- Sloan Foundation Awards ARL Grant to Develop SHARE for Access to Publicly Funded Research
- SHARE Tenets and Overview
- Register Now for ARL Fall Forum: Mobilizing the Research Enterprise