In this October 2004 letter, Prudence Adler writes on behalf of the Association of Research Libraries to express ARL's strong support for the NIH proposal to provide freely available online access to NIH-funded manuscripts via PubMed Central. There are many aspects of the NIH plan that ARL endorses and ARL applauds NIH's leadership in promoting this balanced initiative.
- Issue Brief: AAP PR Campaign against Open Access and Public Access to Federally Funded Research
- Fall Forum 2006: Rights Management for Public Access: Engaging and Supporting Faculty at MIT
- Fall Forum 2006: Universities Rethink Publishing
- Membership Meeting 2007 (Spring): Outreach Strategies for Campus Conversations on Access to Federally Funded Research [session description]
- Fall Forum 2006: Faculty Copyright Management: University of California Strategies
- Membership Meeting 2008 (Spring): NIH Public Access Policy: Campus Implementation Strategies
- Membership Meeting 2009 (Fall): A River Runs through It