Statement from ARL, SPARC, and ALA refuting the argument of several publishers of scientific, technical, and medical (STM) journals who argued that proposed legislative changes to the NIH Public Access Policy would violate U.S. treaty obligations under Article 13 of TRIPS and Article 9 of the Berne Convention, and potentially constitute a "compulsory license."
- Improving Access to Publicly Funded Research: Policy Issues and Practical Strategies: Welcoming Remarks
- Cornyn Remarks on Federal Research Public Access Act
- Letter to John Cornyn re: Federal Research Public Access Act of 2006 (May 2, 2006)
- NIH Public Access Policy FAQ
- ARL Comments on NIH Public Access Policy
- Letter to Elias A. Zerhouni re: NIH Public Access Policy (Aug. 31, 2004)