Participants in the ARL/SAA Mosaic Program enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition stipend of up to $10,000 to be distributed over two years, in installments of $2,500 per semester
- Paid internship in a partner archives or library organization beginning in early fall of the student’s fellowship year—each student will be supported for up to 20 hours of internship work per week for two 14-week semesters starting early Fall 2014.
- Mentoring from an archives professional or special collections librarian, ideally at the host institution for the internship—the mentoring component will build on SAA’s current program to effectively match protégés with mentors.
- Student membership in SAA
- Support for travel to and attendance at the annual ARL/SAA Mosaic Leadership Forum and SAA Annual Meeting during the participant’s scholarship year—the symposium, held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting, brings together the program participants and active professionals in archival science and special collections librarianship. The primary goal of the forum is to introduce attendees to macro-level issues facing the archives and special collections profession—particularly in the context of research intensive institutions—and provide training to develop job search and interview skills.
Download a PDF of the 2014 ARL/SAA Mosaic Leadership Forum agenda.