ARL Diversity Scholars receive:
- A stipend of up to $10,000 distributed over two years to help defray the cost of graduate school education
- Leadership development provided through ARL's annual Leadership Symposium which includes sessions on macro-level issues facing research libraries, and opportunities to network with ARL library directors and human resources personnel;
- A hosted visit to the Purdue University Libraries to learn more about the advanced operations of a research library;
- Mentoring from an ARL librarian or an alumnus of either ARL's Leadership and Career Development Program or the Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce;
- Paid membership in a major professional association or in one of the American Library Association's five ethnic caucuses; and an additional $2,500 per person in support of one-time training and skills development.