Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Provide leadership in library operations and development to support instruction and learning for the College. Direct the daily activities of the ECC library faculty and support staff; manage the daily operations of the library; establish and maintain library department budget; provide planning for the library collection; evaluate services and library instruction, infrastructures and programming.
1. Master's degree (MA) or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Solid understanding of academic library services, including policies and procedures, collection development, and copyright law.
3. Knowledge and experience of contract governance and implementation.
4. Solid budgetary development and management experience.
5. A solid working knowledge of library-related information technology, including online catalog administration, web development, state and local network infrastructure administration, etc.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong grant writing focus.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51512
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.