Asst./Asso. Professor, Asst. Head Access Services
The Oklahoma State University Library seeks a highly motivated professional with a strong commitment to public and reference service to lead the Library’s new Circulation and Information Services. This is a tenure track position with anticipated initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Reporting to the Department Head, Access Services, this key position has a critical role in the success of the new service point.
The Assistant Head will assume primary responsibility for the overall implementation of the new Circulation and Information Services initiative, including responsibility for the first level of tiered reference and have an ongoing role in training, mentoring and monitoring to insure continuous improvement and overall success. The assistant head will assume a secondary role for the Department Head in oversight and guidance for all services within Access Services. A full position announcement is available at http://www.library.okstate.edu/personnel/
Required Qualifications: (Please address these qualifications in your application materials.)
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- A demonstrated commitment to public and reference service
- A minimum of five years relevant professional library experiences
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and strategies for incorporating technology into public services
- Exceptional core competencies including leadership, communication and organization
- Knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends in public and information services, academic libraries and public higher education
- Commitment to the professional development and training of staff at all levels; and a record of research, publications, presentations or service to the profession.
Minimum salary of $65,000 for 12 months
. Oklahoma State University offers faculty a full health and retirement package, and support and opportunity for scholarly/professional development. Application review begins on June 20, 2014, and materials can be submitted through the OSU website: jobs.okstate.edu
. Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.