The University of Pennsylvania seeks a proactive, service-oriented individual for the position of Business Research Librarian to provide high-quality customer-focused business information services to the Wharton School of Business and the larger University of Pennsylvania community. work collaboratively with other staff members of the Lippincott Library of the Wharton School in designing research and instructional services and selecting library resources, as well as project work within the larger Penn Libraries' system.
- Work iwth a team of five business librarians to deliver research/reference support services using a ragne of technologies.
- Develop and grow liaison relationships iwth several of the WhartonSchool's academic departments and Research Centers to support teaching, learning, and research activities
- Design and teach specialized classes and workshops that incorporate complex, rapidly evolving informational technolgies, as well as traditional methods
- Create and maintain guides to information reseources and other digital learning objects
- Participate in evening and weekend services schedules
MLS degree or its equivalent in theory and practice and 0 to 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Familiarity with commercial business databases. Understanding of basic business concepts and vocabulary. Business reference experience.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to establish effective relationships with diverse constituencies including faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, and staff. Evidence of initiative, creativity and a collaborative approach in past activities. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Fluency with web technologies and social media. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collegially.
Preferred: Course work in business or relevant social science disciplines. Experience conducting library presentations or teaching in an academic environment. Familiarity with quantitative research tools such as STATA, SAS or R.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.