The Oklahoma State University Library, a member of the Association of Research Libraries, invites applications and nominations for the Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services. This executive-level, tenure track position requires a broad understanding of how libraries contribute to the research, teaching, and outreach mission of public and Land-Grant universities. The successful candidate will be a visionary administrator, educator, and leader supporting the Dean, department heads, faculty, staff, and students. He/she will take leadership roles on campus as well as at the state, national, and global levels.
The Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services exercises direct administrative leadership for graduate and undergraduate library services, reference and information services, liaison efforts with teaching and research faculty, and assessment of library services and will lead efforts to institute new models for reference assistance and liaison activities.
This associate dean participates actively on the Library’s senior management team to develop new services, foster creativity and collaboration, contribute to the Library’s strategic process, and provide leadership and mentoring for faculty, staff, and student assistants within their division and throughout the Library.
Qualifications include: Masters or doctorate in library or information science or other relevant disciplines. Minimum five years of significant and relevant professional experience in research libraries. Skills and abilities include:
The minimum annual salary is $102,500, University benefits, and travel and professional development support. Initial appointment rank is associate professor or professor depending on qualifications and experience.
- Successful management experience
- Established leadership ability
- Demonstrated experience incorporating library trends in an evolving environment
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead organizational change and nurture innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and empower staff development
- Evidence of established skills for building strong internal relationships within the university, as well as external partnerships
- Record of creating an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
- Record of scholarly engagement and professional service, including presentations, publications, and service on campus-wide and/or regional, national, and international-level organizations
Oklahoma State University is a Land-Grant institution with a deep commitment to serving the citizens of Oklahoma through education, research, and outreach. The Library’s mission reflects this commitment: “We exist as a resource to expand the learning potential of students and citizens of our state and to enhance the teaching and research capabilities of our faculty.” Library faculty and staff have spent the past academic year exploring possible futures for the Library and are eager to implement new services and take on new work. We have a plan for organizational restructure that begins with recruiting associate deans who will help lead the Library into the future.
Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-Verify employer committed to diversity and does not discriminate based on disability or protected veteran status.
Hiring contingent upon available funding.