TheBoston Public Library is accepting applications for an Early Literacy Children’s Librarian I position. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population characteristic of an urban setting with emphasis on service to children and will perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and service with a concentration on children.
Salary: $44,556 - $60,099, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- A master’s degree in library science from an accredited library school.
- Courses in children’s literature and early literacy and/or work, taken for credit, at an accredited library school.
- Storytelling, infant brain development, and/or early literacy concept courses and/or experience desirable.
- Knowledge of children’s literature including bibliographic tools and sources pertaining to children’s literature and work.
- Knowledge of the techniques of programming for children.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency – Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI – Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: June 26, 2014
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.