Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Collections & Digital Initiatives, the Head of Acquisitions & Collections Services directs the assignments of 9 staff responsible for acquiring and delivering library resources in all formats and for all collections, and promotes a collaborative and healthy work environment. The department includes acquisitions, acquisitions accounting, binding, electronic resource management, ILL, licensing, processing, and reserves. The department head collects and evaluates data that supports collection development and management, promotes financial responsibility, and produces effective workflows. The person in this position will work closely with fellow department heads, subject librarians, and other staff to ensure the effective and timely delivery of resources to all users. The successful candidate will demonstrate the capacity to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
Specifically, the Head of Acquisitions & Collections Services:
- Manages in the daily activities of the department and participates where appropriate.
- Leads staff in setting and achieving departmental goals and objectives in line with the Libraries’ strategic priorities.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and technical expertise to library staff within and outside of department.
- Identifies trends, new protocols, best practices and processes requiring improvement to ensure the department is meeting the needs of the users.
- Collaborates with other department heads and library administration to ensure effective, efficient and user-oriented services across the libraries.
- Engages in regular professional development through research, publications, presentations and participation in regional and national associations as part of the continuing commitment to bring best practices and innovative services to Ohio University students and faculty.