Members of the Association of Research Libraries are a community of research-extensive institutions in the US and Canada that address issues of concern to the library, research, higher education, and scholarly communities.
As a community, member directors and library staff benefit from:
- Creating and influencing the national and international library and higher education agenda
- Sharpening and expanding the sphere of influence at the institutional level in policies and operations
- Developing strategies to define the research library of the 21st century
- Engaging in forums from which to learn and discuss common goals and interests
- Sharing expertise and collaborating on collections, services, and projects
For additional information about ARL's principles and procedures for membership, please review Becoming a Member.