The application period for the 2021–2022 ARL Leadership Fellows cohort begins January 25, 2021.
Here’s how to apply.
- Submit a cover letter stating your intent to apply with your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Provide the most updated version of your curriculum vitae.
- Write a statement of interest in the program (3 pages maximum). Concisely describe your interest in the program in a short statement that addresses the six criteria for assessing candidate participants.The statement also should describe the following:
- Your current leadership role(s)
- How leadership development will strengthen your current work
- The ways in which the program will inform your career and professional decisions
- Your future aspirations, including possible roles other than dean, director, or similar senior roles
- Your motivation to seek advanced leadership training: what do you hope to achieve through leadership roles?
- Those competencies that you feel most relevant to your needs among the eight core competencies covered by the program
- Your understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) principles and how you embed and embrace DEI values and perspective into your daily work
4. Submit a letter of support from your library/archive director (2 pages maximum). The letter of support should concisely address:
- How the library/archive director believes the program will advance the professional growth of the applicant
- The applicant’s interest in broadening the applicant’s leadership contributions in their current role or in moving to higher levels of library/archive leadership
- Exceptional and consistent performance in current leadership and management by the applicant
- Effective engagement by the applicant with others in professional and interpersonal relationships
- Progressive thinking by the applicant in regards to libraries and archives and their evolving roles
- The applicant’s engagement with policies, programs. scholarship, and practices that advance DEI principles in the organization, the institution, higher education, and the profession
Submission and Timeline
The application period for the 2021-2022 cohort begins on Monday, January 25, 2021 and ends on Monday, March 1, 2021. Instructions for how to submit the application materials outlined above will be available shortly. Selected applicants will be notified on or before May 3, 2021.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Please feel free to contact John Ulmschneider, Leadership Fellows program director, email@example.com.