Oklahoma State University Job Location: Oklahoma Date Created: 10-03-2018
As Associate Professor, Library Collections Strategist, you will:
* Coordinate collection development activities of liaison librarians
* Chair the Collection Development Committee
* Working in collaboration with the Collection Development Committee, Archives and the subject liaisons, create a strategic plan for strengthening the library's special and research level collections and shaping the onsite collection to include core texts in the disciplines and is inviting and inspirational for students. Identify library materials to be removed to offsite storage.
* Produce interpretive reports to communicate to Library and campus audiences how the Library develops its collections in an environment of change in scholarly communication and publishing
* Develops framework and leads the coordination for evidence-based content acquisition, management, and assessment regardless of format or delivery platform
* Contribute to budget planning, funding allocations and monographic approval plans
* Design models that promote and sustain content acquisitions, access, archiving, and preservation; and coordinate the Library's system-wide planning and consortial resource selection and evaluation, as well as national efforts to acquire shared content
* Undertake academic department liaison responsibilities, including teaching information literacy sessions, consistent with your knowledge and experience
* An ALA accredited Master's
* Experience with library collection development, management, and budgeting
* Knowledge of current, evolving, and innovative models of collection development and scholarly communication
* Strong analytical and assessment skills. Ability to present data in a clear, concise manner
* Excellent core competencies including leadership, communication, project management, and interpersonal skills
* Experience working with sensitive or confidential data
* Commitment to working with and engaging diverse students and colleagues within and outside the library
* Ability to assess new technology and use it to improve library services
* Must love innovation!
A successful Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries, will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, ($78,000/12 month) including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research and/or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, as well as the Library's grant development team.
To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library is a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her expectations for OSU Library leaders on her website: http://www.library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/. The successful candidate is expected to be able to meet all expectations for reappointment, promotion, and tenure.
Application review begins on November12, 2018, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University's website at https://hr.okstate.edu/employment-opportunities. Questions about the application process may be directed to Jackie German, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 744-6324.
OSU is an AA/EEO/E-Verify Employer. Hiring contingent upon available funding.