Dartmouth College Library Job Location: New Hampshire Date Created: 10-09-2018
This position will be part of a business librarian team that works primarily with students and faculty of the Tuck School of Business, a top-10 ranked business school. Reporting to the Head of Research & Data Services, the person in this position will carry out a wide range of duties:
* Provide timely and responsive information, research consulting, and data services in support of research, teaching, and learning
* Offer targeted educational services such as workshops, orientations, and one-on-one instruction in a variety of settings
* As a liaison, develop and maintain strong relationships and effectively communicate regarding the library's services and resources
* Work with colleagues system-wide in support of joint degree programs (such as the Masters in Health Care Delivery Science offered by the Tuck School of Business and the Dartmouth Institute of Health Policy & Clinical Practice), and researchers in interdisciplinary centers and initiatives
* Develop and manage the Library's print and online collections in assigned subject areas
RANK AND SALARY
The position is governed by the Dartmouth College Library Classification System of Professional Ranks. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Full benefits package including 22 vacation days; comprehensive health care; retirement plans, including TIAA-CREF; and relocation assistance.
Founded in 1769, Dartmouth is a member of the Ivy League and consistently ranks among the world's greatest academic institutions. The Dartmouth Library is dedicated to supporting teaching, learning, and research and works in partnership with the students and faculty of the School of Arts & Sciences, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, the Geisel School of Medicine, and the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies. Dartmouth Library is supported by a highly committed professional and support staff of about 160. The Dartmouth College Library is a member of the Ivy Plus Libraries, the Association of Research Libraries, CRL, NERL, HathiTrust, DPN, and the Library Publishing Coalition.
ABOUT THE AREA
Located in Hanover, NH in the Upper Connecticut River Valley on the NH and VT border, Dartmouth is surrounded by a vibrant, academic and professional community offering excellent schools, lively arts, and an unmatched quality of life in a beautiful, rural setting including:
* An intellectually stimulating environment
* A variety of cultural, entertainment, and sporting venues
* Excellent downhill and cross-country ski resorts
* Pristine lakes and rivers for canoeing, paddle boarding, and kayaking
* Countless trails for novice and experienced cyclists and hikers
* An amazing network of farm-to-table growers
* In all, a delightful quality of life within an easy drive of Boston, Montreal and other major cities including daily luxury bus service to Boston and NYC
Review of applications will begin as received. Priority consideration will be given to those submitting applications by November 12; applications will be accepted until position is filled. For the complete position description and to apply online go to:
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.