Electronic Resources Manager
University of Virginia Job Location: Virginia Date Created: 10-16-2018
The University of Virginia Library seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of Electronic Resource Manager. The University Library connects users with the resources necessary to support research, teaching, and instruction in numerous subject areas. The Electronic Resource Manager supports that mission by providing oversight of the library's numerous digital collection. This incumbent provides the strategic planning and leadership, as well as the technical skills and analysis, necessary to achieve this goal. The Electronic Resources Manager maintains key e-resource information systems and will be responsible for the production and dissemination of statistics related to resource acquisition and usage. They manage the Continuing Resources Team responsible for the acquisition, cataloging, and maintenance of ongoing resources, including databases, as well as digital and print serial subscriptions and standing orders. The incumbent will also maintain numerous relationships, working closely with external vendors, UVa faculty and students, and staff from across the library system. This Electronic Resource Manager collaborates with other Library staff to ensure cost-effective, efficient, and ethical customer service to support the University's mission.
* Electronic Resource Management: Coordinate with internal (IT, Financial Services, Public Services) and external (vendors) partners to ensure continued access to subscribed electronic resources. Maintain several systems required for e-resource access, including EZProxy, LibGuides, and Serials Solutions 360. Work with library patrons to resolve e-resource access problems.
* Staff Supervision: Oversee the operations of the Continuing Resources Team, which is responsible for the acquisition and cataloging of all continuing resources, including databases, e-journals, print journals, and standing orders.
* E-Resource Management System: Select and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive ERMS.
* Collection Management: Support the operations of Collection Management by gathering and analyzing data on the usage of our electronic resources. Advise colleagues on trends in electronic publishing that may impact collections decisions.
* Professional Development: Pursue opportunities to develop library-specific, discipline-specific, or technology-specific skills and expertise.
* An ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science, computer science, or a related field.
* Library public or technical services with e-resource components, or equivalent experience maintaining information systems in a work setting.
* Demonstrated leadership or management experience in a work setting.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Commitment to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace, and an ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
* Four or more years of relevant experience in an academic/research library
* Experience maintaining databases and information management systems in academic library settings.
* Experience managing technical services staff in a library setting.
* Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
* Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $61,000-65,000
Applicants must apply through the University of Virginia online employment website at https://jobs.virginia.edu/. Search by posting number 0624003, complete the application, and attach a cover letter and resume with contact information for three professional references. Initial review of applications will occur on October 29, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
For assistance with this process, contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Academic Recruitment Team Recruiter, at (434) 243-4075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.