Columbia University Libraries Job Location: New York Date Created: 05-23-2019
Columbia University Libraries is seeking an experienced Systems Librarian to join our Library Systems team. Reporting to the Head of Library Infrastructure Systems, the successful candidate will help support both hosted and on-premises systems and services in support of acquisition, cataloging, circulation and discovery of Library collections and related services.
· -Analysis of library applications and development of systems and programming requirements; analysis of system and operational problems and preparation of recommended solutions; development of written requirements and specifications for new and modified web-based and client-server applications.
· -Participation in implementation, testing, maintenance and enhancement of the library’s Oracle-based Voyager Integrated Library System; development of custom web-based applications in support of the Voyager ILS.
· -Management of incoming data feeds into the Voyager system including but not limited to: acquisitions and other data; complex bibliographic, holdings and item data; patron data.
· -Design, implementation, maintenance, and support of interfaces between library discovery and fulfillment systems using standards based (SIP, ESIP, NSIP) and locally and consortially developed protocols
· -Development and documentation of internal processes and procedures to support operations within the Library Systems Group
· -MLS or equivalent work experience
· -Familiarity with library metadata standards including but not limited to MARC
· -Five years experience managing library automation systems
· -Familiarity with library processes and automation
· -Relational database programming experience
· -Experience in working with Integrated Library Systems
· -Familiarity with emerging metadata standards such as BibFrame
· -Web database programming skills
· -Experience programming in one or more of: Perl/Python/Ruby
· -Unix experience
Please apply online: http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/3286
ABOUT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES:
Columbia University Libraries is a top-tier academic research library, serving one of the world's most important centers of research and learning. The Libraries build, sustain, and make discoverable collections that transcend traditional boundaries of format and domain, keeping pace with a dynamic and rapidly evolving information environment and creating unique opportunities for users to encounter global thought. As vital partners in the University's research and learning ecosystem, the Libraries connects users with rich and distinctive collections, fosters meaningful learning experiences, and provides innovative research support for a large, diverse user population.
The Libraries' collection includes resources in more than 450 languages and primary source materials that span over 4,000 years of human thought. The collection is comprised of 13 million volumes, over 160,000 journals and serials, as well as extensive electronic resources, manuscripts, rare books, microforms, maps, and graphic and audio-visual materials. The Libraries employs more than 350 staff and hosts over 4 million physical and 20 million virtual visitors each year. A leader in strategic partnerships for shared collections, collaborative collection development, and reciprocal borrowing and use, Columbia University Libraries is a key node in a network connecting users to a boundless multitude of resources around the world.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.