Assessment & Analytics Librarian
University of Louisville Libraries
Job Location: Kentucky
Apply By: 07-01-2019
Date Created: 06-03-2019
The University of Louisville (UofL) Libraries invites applications from curious, creative, and enthusiastic candidates for the full-time, tenure track position of Assessment & Analytics Librarian. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Assessment, Personnel & Research and will focus on demonstrating the impact of the University Libraries on student and faculty success. The Assessment & Analytics Librarian will be responsible for developing and executing projects that generate useful data about our services, facilities and user experiences, and to communicate the information in compelling ways to stakeholders.
This position will also collaborate with Libraries’ colleagues on initiatives related to digital scholarship, web services and other emerging priorities.
• Planning: Create an assessment plan for measuring progress toward strategic goals; identify metrics that demonstrate the Libraries contributions to University goals; provide consultation for Libraries faculty and staff engaged in assessment related to methods of data collection, data analysis and management, and action plan development.
• Data collection & analysis: Collect quantitative and qualitative data for making user-centered decisions about the allocation of resources and personnel; determine processes and tools for storage and maintenance of data about the libraries; provide access to existing assessment data and results.
• Reporting: Communicate assessment results to internal and external audiences using narrative and visual formats; create web content for the Libraries assessment activities and outcomes; serve as the primary contact for annual reporting to national organizations such as the Association of Research Libraries, Association of College and Research Libraries, National Center for Educational Statistics and others; contribute to accreditation reporting.
• Collaboration: Partner with the Office of Academic Planning and Accountability to align with the University’s strategic planning, accountability and institutional effectiveness initiatives.
• Leadership: Initiate and lead an assessment community of practice within the libraries; coordinate the Libraries Student Advisory Board; represent the Libraries on university assessment committees.
• Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent in library or information science; or an advanced degree in the social sciences, statistics or other relevant discipline.
• Work experience in an academic library.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging assessment practices and trends in libraries and higher education.
• Demonstrated knowledge of tools and processes for analyzing and drawing insight from data.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to report about complex data.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Potential for satisfying the University Libraries Faculty promotion and tenure requirements.
• Experience with eXplorance Blue or other online survey tools.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel or Access.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
• Knowledge of SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau or similar visualization tools.
• Knowledge of qualitative analysis tools such as NVivo or Atlas.ti.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics.
The anticipated initial rank is Assistant or Associate Professor; entry rank and salary dependent on experience and professional achievements of the successful candidate; minimum $50,000. The University Libraries offer a comprehensive benefits package and annual vacation of 22 working days. Library faculty appointments are twelve-month, tenure-track positions. Promotion and tenure require demonstration of scholarship and successfully satisfying other criteria.
The University Libraries, a member of the Association of Research Libraries, values its collaborative efforts both within the university and among other organizations. The University of Louisville is a Carnegie Research/High university and recipient of the Carnegie Community Engagement classification for Curricular Engagement & Outreach and Partnerships. The University has a national reputation for its high-quality undergraduate program; over twenty nationally recognized research, graduate, and professional programs; 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students; and a strong commitment to the community in which it resides. UofL is located in the state’s largest urban area.
The city of Louisville offers hospitality, warmth, and smaller city advantages like shorter commutes and lower cost of living, alongside major city amenities like world-class performing arts, great sports, incredible dining, and a nationally-acclaimed parks system.
Applications received by July 1, 2019 are given full consideration in the initial screening. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Submit AS A SINGLE PDF a letter of interest detailing your familiarity, aptitude, and/or experience with the required and desired qualifications; CV/resume; and name, address, phone number, and e-mail address of three references via the online application at UofL’s Human Resources site https://uofl.me/faculty-openings (Job ID 37342)
If you have questions or would like assistance with the application process, please contact the Search Committee chair:
Associate Dean for Assessment, Personnel & Research
212 Ekstrom Library
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
502.852.8726 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.
Learn More »