Electronic Resources Librarian
Electronic Resources Librarian
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
Job Location: Virginia
Apply By: 07-03-2019
Date Created: 06-03-2019
The University of Virginia Library seeks qualified applicants for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The University Library connects users with the resources necessary to support research, teaching, and instruction in numerous subject areas, and this position supports that mission by providing oversight of the Library's numerous digital collections. The incumbent provides the strategic planning and leadership, as well as the technical skills and analysis, necessary to achieve this goal. The Electronic Resources Librarian maintains key e-resource information systems and will be responsible for the production and dissemination of statistics related to resource acquisition and usage. They will advise the Collection Management Team on all issues related to the acquisition, cataloging, and maintenance of ongoing resources, including databases, as well as digital and print serial subscriptions and standing orders. The incumbent will also maintain numerous relationships, working closely with external vendors, UVA faculty and students, and staff from across the Library system. The Library anticipates this position will offer personal and professional development opportunities in supervision and management as the Library enters its third century of service with a major renovation of its main facility. The Electronic Resources Librarian collaborates with other Library staff to ensure cost-effective, efficient, and ethical customer service to support the University's mission.
- Electronic Resource Management: Coordinate with internal (IT, Financial Services, Public Services) and external (vendors) partners to ensure continued access to subscribed electronic resources. Maintain several systems required for e-resource access, including EZProxy, LibGuides, and Serials Solutions 360. Work with library patrons to resolve e-resource access problems.
- E-Resource Management System: Oversee and manage the implementation of a comprehensive ERMS.
- Collection Management: Support the operations of Collection Management by gathering and analyzing data on the usage of our electronic resources. Advise colleagues on trends in electronic publishing that may impact collections decisions.
- Professional Development: Pursue opportunities to develop library-specific, discipline-specific, or technology-specific skills and expertise.
- An ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience in library public or technical services working with e-resources, or equivalent experience maintaining information systems in a work setting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace, and an ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- Four or more years of relevant experience in an academic/research library
- Experience maintaining databases and information management systems in academic library settings.
- Experience managing technical services staff in a library setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
$61,000 - $65,000
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS:
Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for 'Electronic Resources Librarian'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address).
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS:
Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs
, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Academic Recruiter, email@example.com
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Learn More »