Research and Instruction Librarian: Health Sciences and Data Services
Adelphi University Job Location: New York Apply By: 03/20/2020 Date Created: 03-20-2019
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
As a key member of the Research and Instruction Services team, the Research and Instruction Librarian: Health Sciences and Data Services will work collaboratively to build a community of students who are information literate and confident lifelong learners. The Librarian will act as liaison to the Health and Sport Sciences and Communication Sciences and Disorders departments (in the College of Education and Health Sciences) and the Healthcare Informatics, Nutrition, and Public Health departments (in the College of Nursing and Public Health), offering innovative support for the teaching, learning, and academic research. In addition, the Health Sciences Librarian will provide assistance with instruction to other departments in the College of Nursing and Public Health in coordination with the Librarian liaison to the Nursing department.
The Health Sciences and Data Services Librarian will be the Libraries' point of contact for support with data management plans as well as quantitative and qualitative research consultation. The Librarian will continually assess disciplinary needs for the liaison departments seeking thoughtful ways to address them through collaborations with faculty and fellow instructors on assignment design, integrated instruction, individual consultations, and support for independent learning. As part of the fully integrated Research and Instruction Support team of librarians and administrative staff, the Librarian supports faculty and students in all disciplines in the exploration and application of new technologies and methodologies for digital scholarship and scholarly inquiry.
• Develop and provide innovative and effective library instruction and in-depth research support for faculty and students in liaison disciplines.
• Provide support to the Adelphi University community with data management, data analysis, and qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
• Through instruction, consultations, and other methods, facilitate data discovery, interpretation, visualization, and management in close collaboration with Research and Instruction colleagues.
• Provide collection development in liaison disciplines. Advocate for collection development and systems improvements or adoption in support of the liaison areas.
• Keep abreast of scholarly trends, resources, and new technologies in liaison disciplines with a view toward their application in research and instruction.
• Represents the Libraries to other groups around campus and the region.
• Serves on University and Library committees.
• Participates in professional associations and bodies.
• Participates in scholarly and professional activities including research and publishing required for reappointment, tenure and promotion.
• Master's degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science is required.
• A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and for tenure.
• Demonstrated experience with data analysis, including creating data management plans, using data analysis software, and providing research services to a scholarly audience is required.
• 3-5 years' experience as a librarian in an academic or research library teaching information literacy to a diverse population is required.
• Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) Certification.
• Academic background in healthcare informatics, public health, health and sports sciences, communication sciences and disorders, or any related discipline.
• Experience with information resources and information management tools for healthcare informatics, public health, health and sports sciences, communication sciences and disorders, or related disciplines.
• Excellent interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a collegial and diverse environment.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1420894
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.