Head of Emerging Technologies (Librarian II) - University of Oklahoma Libraries Position Summary
Head of Emerging Technologies
University of Oklahoma
Job Location: Oklahoma
Apply By: Open until filled
Date Created: 08-08-2019
The Head of Emerging Technologies works extensively with faculty, staff and students across the University to identify, evaluate, recommend, develop and deploy selected, new and emerging technologies for the benefit of research and teaching. This position is responsible for leading instruction and programming for users on the application of these new technologies, develops online learning objects (e.g. documentation, videos, 3D content systems), coordinates projects across various colleges, and supervises staff and students working as peer consultants. This position supervises Emerging Technology Librarians and Emerging Technology Programmer(s). The position is responsible for all Emerging Technology facilities which currently include: Bizzell Memorial Library Innovation @ the Edge, 3D testing facilities and 3D printing labs (located across the campus). The Head of Emerging Technologies is responsible for ensuring spaces are staffed, accessible, and outfitted with technologies to improve their research and pedagogy. This position will ensure that all experiences meet the OU Libraries' expectations of excellence for our community members.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in library science or a related field.
- At least 24 months of experience in technology and operations.
- Ability to explore and evaluate new and emerging technologies for use and application in library settings.
- Demonstrated technology proficiency and capabilities working with personal computers and software, the Web, and social media.
- Ability to teach others about emerging technologies.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-directed, and demonstrate a commitment to innovation and creativity.
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills to lead multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science or other advanced degrees.
- Understanding of the academic library’s role in research, teaching and learning and knowledge of higher education and curriculum and an understanding of the role of new and emerging technologies on the ongoing development and evolution of new library services and digital scholarship.
- Experience and/or demonstrated record of effective project management working with students and faculty members on digital scholarship projects.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Full-time position; excellent benefits and professional development support. Applications require: 1) a cover letter; 2) a current resume/vita detailing education and relevant experience; and 3) names and contact information for at least three professional references, including current or most recent supervisor. Applicant screening to begin immediately; search will remain open until filled. To apply, go to https://jobs.ou.edu and search for Requisition Number 192453
. The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid and educational services. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Bobby J. Mason, University Equal Opportunity Officer and Title IX Coordinator, (405) 325-3546, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://ou.edu/eoo
Learn More »