Supervisory Technical Information Specialist (Animal Welfare)
National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 09/23/2019
Date Created: 09-09-2019
The National Agricultural Library has an open job opportunity for a Supervisory Technical Information Specialist (Animal Welfare) in the Information Products Division in Beltsville, MD. The position is located in the Information and Customer Services Branch.
We are seeking an individual, with experience, in producing technical information products and services related to animal welfare. Experience with disseminating animal welfare related information to the public; assessing animal health and welfare programs; and assisting stakeholders in maintaining compliance with the Animal Welfare Act.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
• Lead, guide, and facilitate planning activities for information programs addressing emerging issues in animal welfare.
• Provide leadership, management, and vision for the strategic development of science-based information programs, services, and products critical to the animal welfare community.
• Evaluate proposed or existing concepts of operation (including the use of cooperative agreements and contracts) that facilitate delivery of information-based solutions for targeted customer groups.
• Keep informed of new techniques and developments in the field of information science that enhance service provision.
• Build dynamic collection of information resources based upon a deep understanding of customer needs and their learning, work and or business processes.
• Apply appropriate metrics to continually measure the quality and value of information offerings.
• Establish and maintain consultative relationships with domestic and foreign library and scientific organizations concerning the establishment, expansion or curtailment of information programs and services.
• Conduct regular outreach and evaluation activities with customers, partners, and stakeholders to more effectively and efficiently serve the worldwide body of users.
This is a GS-13 permanent, full-time appointment. This competitive position is open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Occasional travel is expected.
Please direct questions to:
Learn More »