National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 07/09/2020
Date Created: 06-26-2020
The National Agricultural Library (NAL) has an open position for a Lead Librarian (GS-13) in the Customer Services Unit of the NAL Information Products Division. The incumbent serves as the Team Leader for the Customer Services Unit providing literature searching, systematic reviews, bibliometric, and other services. The position closes on Thursday, July 9, 2020.
We are seeking candidates with experience in providing customer service in support of library programs and functions; performing searches for systematic or other type of literature reviews; coordinating programs for a scientific or research library; and conducting outreach or instructional programs.
• Leads the development of NAL’s services in literature searching (including systematic reviews, structured searches, rapid reviews, retrospective reviews, etc.) and citation analysis (including bibliometrics, data visualization, etc.).
• Provides overall coordination for a variety of special projects relating to strategic programs that cross-cut information center programs.
• Contributes to the growth and management of NAL’s collection of agricultural and related materials by recommending content to acquire or to remove from the collection based on obsolescence, lack of use or duplication.
• Provides training, presentations, and outreach on NAL resources related to collections, resources, databases and literature access.
• Keeps abreast of current technology, information trends, policies, programs, approaches, and analysis methods, including such topics as open access, scholarly communication, e-science/e-research and distance education.
• Interacts with customers to answer questions, provide information about NAL’s collections, content, programs and services, recommend avenues for investigation, or refer to likely sources of assistance.
• Analyzes search-related data and keywords, shifts in research topics, and customer information-seeking behavior to spot trends and identify opportunities for improving NAL collections, programs and services.
Occasional travel may be expected.
Please direct all questions to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Learn More »