Information Technology Specialist
National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 07/14/2020
Date Created: 06-30-2020
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) has two vacancies for IT Specialists (GS 11-12) in Beltsville, Maryland. The positions report to the Office of the ARS Deputy, in the Information Technology Services Division.
The incumbent is responsible for providing support to the National Agricultural Library, ARS Locations and ARS Area information technology (IT) operations and the telecommunications program. We are seeking candidates with experience in providing customer support in information technology operations, assisting with the installation or configuration of computer applications or hardware; and troubleshooting system problems.
• Participates in the design, installation and maintenance of local servers including, but not limited to, Backup Systems (tape, etc.), Network Accessible Storage, routers, switches, and virtual environment.
• Provides IT support for agency desktop and laptop computers.
• Performs systems analysis for determining general overall software and hardware requirements and specifications.
• Participates in the installations, configuration, and maintenance of endpoint systems.
• Troubleshoots problems and specific issues and conducts analyses of available systems and defines solutions and/or alternatives for meeting current and future needs.
• Ensures customer service goals and activities are met in a timely manner.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
Please direct all questions to:
This is a competitive position open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Learn More »