Digital Projects Librarian
National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 08/03/2020
Date Created: 07-22-2020
The National Agricultural Library has a vacancy for a Digital Projects Librarian in the Digital Library Branch of the Information Products Division in Beltsville, Maryland. The GS 9-11 position is permanent. The incumbent applies an understanding of digital standards, library policies, collection development and general library rules and procedures, and an understanding of library users in a rapidly changing digital environment.
We are seeking candidates with experience in the development of electronic or web based information products and collections for a library; collaborating with outside organizations to further digital development initiatives; and supporting users and colleagues in the effective use of digital content or technologies.
• Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of core digital initiatives.
• Assists in the design, creation, and maintenance of websites and other digital applications.
• Creates and/or adds appropriate metadata, classification, and search capabilities to facilitate easy access to and ongoing maintenance of available content.
• Collaborates with staff from across NAL to plan and organize projects with the goal of revising and organizing web content to ensure clear messaging and easy use by all populations.
• Identifies trends in the agricultural community and analyzes web-based statistics to translate consumer needs for content to further enhance existing capabilities.
• Evaluates and makes suggestions for improvement of processes, policies, procedures, systems, and communications/marketing and outreach programs.
Occasional travel may be expected for this position.
Please direct all questions to:
Learn More »