Resource Development Assistant
Job Location: Massachusetts
Apply By: 11/08/2019
Date Created: 10-08-2019
Provides direct administrative support to the Director of Development and the Libraries’ development and fundraising activities. The Associate will be an active and engaged participant in fundraising activities.
Stewardship and other development activities: (60%)
• Maintain and manage donor lists.
• Manage donor solicitation and acknowledgement letters process
• Assist in building prospect lists and donor/prospect research
• Update and maintain internal development databases
• Use Advance donor database to maintain information and track prospects
• Use Advance databases for data analysis and weekly and monthly donor reports
• Participate in ongoing cultivation/stewardship of donors and relationship management as appropriate
• Engage with lower-end annual fund donors ($100-$999) through mail, email, phone and interactions at events
• Provide support for grant proposal submission process
• Participate in appropriate MIT central RD activities
General administrative support to Director and development office: (20%)
• Manage calendar; schedule meetings and appointments
• Maintain awareness of Director’s activities and provide support and preparation as needed
• Assist with travel arrangements that may include complex itineraries and multiple appointments per trip
• Process travel expense reports
• Maintain donor files (paper and electronic)
• Maintain supplies, equipment, and space for development related offices
• Draft, edit and proofread correspondence and other documents
• Pay vendors and keep records of budgetary and purchasing transactions
Event management: (10%)
• Manage logistics for development and fundraising events
• Produce, order, and distribute invitations
• Register event
• Schedule venues
• Schedule library participants
• Order food and supplies
• Schedule photographer
• Manage vendors
Development communications activities: (10%)
• Manage mailing lists
• Work closely with Libraries Marketing and Communications Director to assist with development materials
• Update and maintain Libraries’ Giving websites
Some evening and/or weekend work may be required for event support. Schedule adjustments may be made accordingly in consultation with the supervisor.
• Three years direct/related experience
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Web browsers, and calendar software, as well as the ability to learn additional programs/systems.
• Comfort level working in and/or learning to work in a Mac environment.
• Experience with databases.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, diplomacy, tact, good judgment, and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and across organizational boundaries.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and resourcefully with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgment, and to take initiative.
• Keen attention to detail and demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems while completing tasks under tight deadlines.
• Editing and proofreading skills.
• Proven dependability and record of reliable and punctual attendance.
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience in resource development.
• MIT experience or experience in a university setting.
• Basic web maintenance skills.
• Knowledge of MIT fundraising environment a plus.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs
• Ability to move supplies and event-related materials campus-wide, including up and down stairs
Apply online at: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_mit/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=17065&localeCode=en-us
Applications must include cover letter and resume. Priority will be given to applications received by November 8th, 2019; position open until filled. MIT is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community and particularly welcomes applications from qualified women and minority candidates. Professionals who enthusiastically embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions are encouraged to apply.
Learn More »