Learning Commons Librarian
Job Location: Massachusetts
Apply By: Open until filled
Date Created: 10-15-2019
The Becker College Learning Commons is currently seeking a forward-thinking self-starter to fill the opening for Learning Commons Librarian. This position works with faculty, students and administration to provide and maintain library services at two college campuses. The ideal applicant will be an innovative, dynamic, skilled librarian capable of managing online, written and face-to-face library services, in conjunction with teaching library principles that incorporate the vision and mission of the College. In addition, the Learning Commons Librarian will conduct and coordinate all instructions determined by Information Literacy initiatives and support library liaisons that integrate into student-learning assessments. This position will work collaboratively with library staff and other departments within the Learning Commons (i.e., Teaching, Learning, and Technology, the Collaborative Learning Center and Information Technology) to ensure optimization of the Libraries’ resources. The Learning Commons Librarian provides leadership for faculty and administration to ensure that instructional programs, resources and services promote the welfare and best interests of students in a manner consistent with our Core values.
- Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree from an accredited program
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience teaching at an academic library
- Ability to design a variety of database and online instructional materials, using current tools and considering trends in information literacy instruction under Becker’s CORE Curriculum
- Schedule and facilitate course-integrated instruction sessions
- Assess instructional programs, including collecting session attendance data and feedback regarding library instructor effectiveness, student satisfaction and faculty satisfaction; and incorporate assessment data to improve instruction overall iconnection with the Information Literacy Framework
- Identify and implement new technologies to improve library services; have knowledge of and experience with instructional technology, video tutorials and LibGuides
- Manage multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Represent the Learning Commons and the College professionally in person and online
- Provide circulation/reference coverage when needed
This is a full-time, 12-month position committed to customer service, diversity, emerging technologies, empathy and social responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate must be well organized; be able to interact on a professional level with diverse constituencies; possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; and be able to work independently, exhibiting good judgment, and as part of a team.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More »