Serials Cataloger and Classifier II
Boston Public Library
Job Location: Massachusetts
Apply By: 11/30/2019
Date Created: 11-04-2019
The Boston Public Library
is accepting applications for a Serials Cataloger and Classifier II.
The successful candidate must perform original and complex copy cataloging including bibliographic description, subject analysis, classification, and authority control for materials in all formats in accordance with established local and national policies, procedures, and standards. Advanced cataloging skills for serials will be required as needed. Special language competencies and/or subject knowledge will be required as needed.
. Salary: $53,133.25 - $71,672.48, DOQ.
- A master's degree in library science from an accredited library school
- Relevant subject knowledge and/or specialized training
- At least two years of recent professional library experience creating MARC21 bibliographic and authority records in all formats is required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon first day of hire.
- Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available on the City of Boston website
The City of Boston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
Learn More »