Supervisory, Technical Information Specialist (Human Nutrition & Food Safety)
National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 12/16/2019
Date Created: 12-02-2019
The National Agricultural Library (NAL) has an open job opportunity for a Supervisory Technical Information Specialist (Human Nutrition & Food Safety) in the Information Products Division, Beltsville, MD. The position is located in the Information and Customer Services Branch
The job opportunity is open from Monday, December 2 through Monday, December 16, 2019
. This is a permanent appointment open to Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, and RPL) and the public.
This position serves as a supervisory human nutrition and food safety specialist leading NAL’s Nutrition and Food Safety Programs; which includes: www.nutrition.gov
, Food and Nutrition Information Center
(FNIC), and the Food Safety Research Information Office
(FSRIO) Web sites. We are seeking a professional with experience in planning, directing, and evaluating program requirements and activities, and the functions of NAL’s specialized information centers in nutrition and food safety.
• Interact effectively with a wide range of individuals representing widely divergent and sometimes conflicting point of views.
• Negotiate, collaborate, and form partnerships and customer relations with federal, non-federal, national and international partners in order to further the aims of the program and attract external resources.
• Ability to negotiate effectively with management to establish and implement recommendations.
• Knowledge of data collection, evaluation, and analysis methods to synthesize user input and apply it to the conceptualization, planning and evaluation of information programs, products, and services.
• Ability to plan, organize, and direct staff work.
• Skill in interpreting broad general legislative and regulatory policy guidance to determine their effects on FNIC, Nutrition.gov and FSRIO budgets and activities.
This is a GS-13 permanent position.
Occasional travel is expected.
Please direct questions to:
This is a competitive position open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Learn More »