Central and South American Area Studies & Romance Languages Catalog Librarian
Brigham Young University Job Location: Utah Apply By: 02/28/2020 Date Created: 01-10-2020
- Original descriptive cataloging, subject cataloging, and classification of books and other materials in Central and South American Area Studies (primarily Spanish and Portuguese) and European Romance languages in literature, history, and social sciences.
- Name authority work for personal names, corporate names, and series. Contribute to existing NACO/LC Authority File records.
- Subject authority work as needed through the SACO program.
- Hire/supervise cataloging specialist
- In-depth knowledge of and familiarity with South American and European Romance languages literature, history and social sciences.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, familiarity with other Romance languages.
- Knowledge of cataloging and classification principles, standards, and rules.
- Supervisory and managerial skills.