Reference and Research Services Librarian, Business
New York University, Shanghai Library Job Location: Other Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 08-17-2020
- Serve as the Library’s primary liaison to faculty and students in business-related programs and research institutes. Currently, NYU Shanghai offers degree programs on Business & Finance, Business & Marketing and Interactive Media & Business at the undergraduate level and Data Analytics & Business Computing, and Quantitative Finance at the graduate level.
- Provide in-person, chat and email reference services to members of the NYU community.
- Deliver research consultations to students and faculty.
- Work closely with a team of librarians and instructional technologists to design and conduct library orientation programs, pre-scheduled and embedded library workshops, assessment and other Information Literacy activities.
- Stay current with business research and business data resources, build collections in all formats that support teaching and research.
- Create connections between data providers and the business researchers, help instructors and students find publicly available data, & provide support for instructor and student data skills.
- Connect faculty and students to existing library collections and services through active outreach and programming; and take a leadership role on projects and initiatives as appropriate.
- Liaise with business faculty and administrators concerning future academic directions, programmatic needs, and changes in course offerings that may impact how the Library supports the department/program.
- Collaborate with library staff and lead student workers and interns on library projects, including but not limited to marketing, outreach and user research.
- Partner with colleagues at NYU New York, NYU Abu Dhabi, and across NYU’s global network to implement and enhance programs & services.
- Participate in library and system-wide committees and professional activities outside of the University.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent graduate LIS degree required.
- Second master’s degree in a subject area relevant to the NYU Shanghai academic program preferred.
- At least two years of experience as a librarian.
- Strong commitment to reference service, library instruction and information literacy principles.
- Previous experience in instruction, collection development, and/or reference services in academic library, preferably in a research library.
- Demonstrated experience providing strong customer service and quality services, including developing creative solutions in responsible areas to support and engage users.
- Familiarity with business research resources, business data and financial terminals.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in oral and written English; ability to read & speak Chinese preferred.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and/or prior international experience preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated business subject experience in an academic library environment; or an advanced degree in business, economics or related discipline.