Asst. Program Director, Instruction Svcs. Academic Engagement & Learning Svcs.
UCSD Library Job Location: California Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 08-25-2020
- Reports directly to the Program Director and has a central role in planning, creating, implementing, and administering program services, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises the Instructional Design Librarian, Instructional Technology Librarian, Instruction Coordinator, First-Year Experience Librarian, and up to seven subject liaison librarians. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, training, and developing direct and indirect reports.
- Serves on the AELS management team responsible for making decisions on budgeting, resources, and staffing in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Provides administrative and operational oversight for Instruction Services, including college writing programs and other information literacy instruction in a variety of formats.
- Develops and implements strategies for increasing inclusion, equity, and accessibility in library instructional activities, tools, and content.
- Promotes library instruction services to campus partners and identifies opportunities for the Library to contribute to the instruction mission of campus programs.
- In consultation with PD and instruction providers from all library programs, ensure that AELS provides educational technologies, training and other support for liaison librarians in reaching their instructional aims.
- Provides liaison services, including outreach, instruction, research consultation services, and collection development in an assigned subject area, or as needed in collaboration with others.
- MLS/MLIS or equivalent advanced degree. Other appropriate degree or equivalent experience in one or more fields related to library services may be substituted.
- Demonstrated experience in a library supervisory position. Other leadership or coordinator roles overseeing library services or functions would also be considered.
- Ability to set priorities, make informed decisions, and build team motivation and consensus.
- Experience in providing information literacy instruction and demonstrated commitment to developing content and delivery methods that meet the diverse needs of our students and faculty.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and ability to provide leadership in ways that increase equity and inclusion.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and ability to plan, document, and complete projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence in service and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with faculty, students, staff and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures.